This blog consists of my inspirations, the subjects of my dreams, and my ideas of timeless art. I do not post what is new or popular or current, I post what I find that is beautiful.


If You had Souls at All


Never Let Me Go, starring Carey Mulligan and Keira Knightley, is by the author of 
Remains Of The Day. Below the idyllic surface of the rural English setting, is a dark dystopia 
with a touch of scifi (in the vein of Picnic At Hanging Rock) questioning what makes us human. The
aesthetic of the film is very nostalgic and very British, not too different from the costumes of Carey's other amazing film 
An Education. Both perfectly capture English schooling, coming of age, future and identity. 
The Daily Mail says it was 'the most haunting film about love and death I've ever seen.'"


No comments: