This blog consists of my inspirations, the subjects of my dreams, and my ideas of timeless art. I do not post what is new or popular or current, I post what I find that is beautiful.


So Big and Strange and it's all Too Much at Once



"My dear fellow," said Sherlock Holmes, as we sat on either side of the fire in his lodgings at 
Baker Street, "life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would
 not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out
 of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and peep 
in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, 
the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through 
generation, and leading to the outre results, it would make 
all fiction with its conventionalities and 
foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable."

-Arthur Conan Doyle, the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, A Case of Identity


No comments: